1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not conceited, does not act improperly, is not selfish, is not provoked, and does not keep a record of wrongs. Love finds no joy in unrighteousness but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
I have typed, deleted, typed, deleted, more times than I care to count. My thoughts all over the place…This burden, this trial, has been given to God. Yet, it does not make life easier, does not give complete understanding. I was reminded again today “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)
Questions, understanding, hurt, anger…..
God reminds me again:
- Love is not selfish – Thinking of our own feelings…
- Love does not keep a record of wrongs – Let go of the past, even the recent past…..
- Love Bears all things – We can bear this…
- Love Believes all things – We know God has this
- Love Hopes all things – We know God will take care of this
- Love Endures all things – God will give us the strength
There are no answers, no clear path, just moving one step at a time, acutely aware of the edge…..